Security & Privacy
- By accessing this Site or supplying the information requested by this Site, you agree to all the terms of this Policy. If you do not agree to all the terms of this Policy, please discontinue your access and do not supply any information via this Site. We will be happy to serve you in person at any of our Bata Stores.
- In order to improve our online services to you, we collect data anonymously by way of “cookies.” or “sessions”. Cookies help us measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views and other statistics relating to your access to this Site. This information allows us to better administer the Site and provide a more tailored and user-friendly service to visitors to our Site. Cookies are small data files that are sent to your browser from our Site and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each time you visit our Site from the same computer, the cookie will be retrieved from your computer, enabling our Site to recognize your computer as having previously visited our Site and thereby increase the functionality of our Site on your computer. A session is a semi-permanent interactive information interchange, also known as a dialogue, a conversation or a meeting, between two or more communicating devices, or between a computer and user. Our cookies and sessions cannot be used to get data from your hard drive, to get your email address or any other data that can be traced to you personally. Most web browsers can be set to notify you when you receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being sent; if you use these features, you may limit the functionality we can provide you when you visit our Site.
- For some services (“Services”) or areas on the Site, we may ask you to register and to provide us with information about you and/or your company such as your name, job title, email address, and other types of identity or contact information. Further, if you wish to access some Services, we may request either online or offline, that you provide more personal information to us. Once you provide us with information about yourself and/or your company, your browsing on this Site will no longer be anonymous.
- Bata respects the privacy of your personal information and wishes to assure you that your private information will be treated as confidential and with high standards of security.
- By providing the information requested to Bata, you hereby consent to the following:
Any personal information provided by you to Bata through this Site will be used to:
- Provide the Services to you;
- Create a user profile in order to provide you with the Services you have requested at this Site;
- Process, record, execute, monitor, and/or archive your requests and transactions;
- Respond to your requests and queries;
- Communicate with you;
- Customize your online experience according to your chosen interests and preferences and enhance your current and future visits to the Site;
- Advise you of other products and services which may be of interest to you through our marketing and promotional programs;
- Conduct market research, user profile and statistical analysis;
- Update Bata's records;
- Improve the design and marketing of our range of services and related products for customer use;
- Solicit and record your opinions and feedback through online surveys and feedback requests if you choose to participate;
- Comply with law, the requests of law enforcement and regulatory officials, or orders of court; and
- Enforce our legal rights and remedies.
Bata may disclose your information to the individuals and entities listed below, but your information will not be revealed by Bata to any other third party, unless Bata has your permission, or is under either a legal or regulatory obligation or any other duty to do so:
- Bata may use the services of third party service providers to host and manage data from this Site. Data containing the information you provide may be transmitted to and hosted in data centres in Singapore or outside Singapore by such third party service providers, and processed and managed by such third party service providers. Our third party service providers will be granted access to data only to the extent necessary to provide services to Bata and for no other purpose. Our service providers are bound by confidentiality obligations to keep all data confidential.
- The information which you provide on this Site may be transferred within the Group which may include transfer to other entities in the Group in Singapore and other jurisdictions.
- The information provided by you at this Site may also be disclosed by Bata to, and processed by:
- Regulators and law enforcements officials;
- Third party service providers, consultants, delivery companies and data mining companies;
- Any agent or subcontractor acting on our behalf; or
- Bata's business partners.
By providing your personal information you agree that Bata may contact you by mail, telephone, facsimile or email. However, if you indicate with your submission of information that you do not wish to receive any promotional material from Bata, we will not send any promotional material to you.
By providing us with information, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international operations of Bata, we may store, process and use personal data collected in the course of our relationship, and provide that data within the Group outside your resident jurisdiction. By providing us with information, you specifically consent to the transfer of data containing such information outside of the territory or jurisdiction where it was collected for the purposes described in this Policy.
Data containing information provided by you is retained as long as the purpose for which the data was collected continues. The data is then destroyed unless its retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or to protect Bata's interests, in compliance with relevant regulations.
- By providing us with information, you acknowledge and agree that while Bata will exercise care in the storage and processing of your information and data, in no event shall Bata be liable to you for any damages, losses, expenses, liabilities under any causes of action (whether in contract or tort including, but not limited to negligence, or otherwise) caused by any access, intrusion, misuse or theft of your information or data by any third party while such information or data was in the possession or control of Bata or any third party.
- Bata reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time and will place any such amendments on this Site.
- This Policy is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with Singapore law including without limitation, the provisions of the Evidence Act (Cap. 97 of Singapore) and the Electronic Transactions Act (Cap. 88 of Singapore), without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. By accessing this Site, you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.